- These general Terms and Conditions (“T&C”) shall be valid for
all lottery entries offered by School Me Investment Services Limited (a
company duly registered under the laws of the Federal Republic of
Nigeria, with business registration number: RC 1397931.
- School –Me shall offer lottery services through various channels not
limited to Web Wallet, Interswitch, USSD, Agent here on
referred to as ‘the service”.
- By using the service you are bound by the following terms and conditions:
- The General Terms and Conditions;
- The lottery Rules;
- The General Entry Rules;
- Any terms and conditions and/or rules concerning entries, winnings
and special offers which may be advertised in any part of our website;
- Any further terms and conditions contained in any of the software
which you may download in order to be able to use the services we
- All the terms and conditions listed in this page shall together be
“Your” refers to you, the person accessing the Service and accepting the
Company’s terms and conditions. Whenever the Customer uses the service
such as to make an entry or to participate in any of the promotions
amendment, which may periodically take place.
- The Terms and Conditions contained herein represent the complete,
final and exclusive agreement between the Customer and the Company and
supersede and merge all prior agreements, representations, and
- By using the service the Customer confirms that he/she has reached
the age of 18 or such legal age as he/she must have reached under the
laws governing betting that are applicable to him/her. Irrespective of
national regulations concerning the legal age, however, School-Me does
not accept any Users under the age of 18. School-Me reserves the right
to verify any Customer’s statement of age and to exclude Customers from
its services if there are any doubts regarding the attainment of the
minimum age required. Any Customer using our services, who is identified
as underage, shall have all his winnings forfeited and his/her
(betting) account (hereinafter referred to, as the “Account” shall be
- Non-Commercial, non-professional purposes: The Customer´s interest
in using the service is of a personal nature, and is to be used purely
for Educational purposes. Any commercial and professional interest is
- School-Me does not warrant the constant availability and
functionality of all or any products offered by School-Me. SchoolMe may
not be held liable and will be held harmless by the Customer for any
damages, losses, costs, loss of profits or any other disadvantage a
Customer may incur in connection with any disconnection from or the
non-availability of any of the products offered by School-Me for
9. School Me cannot be held liable in any case for any damage or loss
caused directly or indirectly by the service or by its contents or by
the contents provided by a third party unless they are based on
intentional or gross negligence.
- School-Me shall not be liable if the Customer is unable to place an
entry due to congestion on the SMS system or any other electronic
communication media used for the purposes of lottery.
- All indicated dates and times are based on WAT (West Africa Time) unless stipulated otherwise.
written form to the Customer. Any verbal statement made by School-Me
employees or affiliates will not be considered in case of a dispute.
- The lottery contract, as well as any other legal relationship
between the Customer and the Company, for every circumstance not
- The lottery service is available in Nigerian Naira (NGN) only.
discretion. All changes will become effective on their publication on
- If you consider any amendment carried out to be intolerable, you may cease using the service.
- The continued use of the Service after the date when the Terms of
Use are meant to come into effect will correspond to a complete
acceptance of the revision performed, whether or not the changes have
- LEGAL USE OF THE WEBSITE AND OF ITS COMPONENTS
- Under no circumstances shall the Website be used for any purpose
different from educational purposes without our express consent.
SchoolMe is not liable for any attempts to use the services offered by
means or ways not intended by us.
material used by or in SchoolMe’s products (Ex. graphics, pictures, text
etc.), as well as any other content or underlying idea that can be
found within our Website, are owned by School-Me and protected by
copyright in their entirety and may not be modified, reproduced and
redistributed, in whole or in part, without SchoolMe’s express previous
written permission. All necessary legal actions will be undertaken in
order to ensure compliance to this policy.
- Any action aimed to interfere with the normal functioning of the
website including, but not limited to, releasing or propagating viruses,
worms or logic bombs or similar is strictly prohibited and will be
pursued to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The repeated placement of the same entries may be considered as an
attempt to elude our controls and may result in the voidance of the
repeated entry(s) as well as in the closure of the scholarship account,
even after said entries have been settled.
- School-Me reserves the right to restrict access to certain parts of
the Website and to certain services offered, including, but not limited
to Live draw, Live Chat, and Internal Messaging system.
- SchoolMe may at any time and without previous notice, remove or
amend any product offered via the Website, as well as alter available
prices where such alterations do not affect entries already in progress.
- Under some circumstances, SchoolMe may provide its Customers with
software designed internally or by third parties in order to optimize
the functioning of the Website or to benefit from additional services.
In such circumstances, the Customer may be asked to accept further Terms
and Conditions related to the utilization of the new component. Any
attempt to interfere with, modify or reverse engineer any software
provided is strictly prohibited.
8.SchoolMe is not liable for any possible IT failures caused by the
electronic equipment used by the Customer while accessing the Website or
for faults due to the internet service provider used by the Customer
while accessing the Website.
- SchoolMe also assumes no liability for correctness, completeness or up-to-dateness of the information services provided.
- LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE AND FROM OUR WEBSITE
- The Customer may link to our home page, provided he does so in a
website owned by him/her, and in a way that is fair and legal and does
not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. Links may not be
established in such a way as to suggest any form of association,
approval, sponsorship or endorsement on our part without our express
- Where our Website contains links to other websites and resources
provided by our partners or other third parties, these links are
provided for information only and we do not make any representations
regarding the accuracy and reliability of contents available on such
third party websites. We have no control over the contents of those
websites and therefore accept no responsibility for them or for any loss
or damage that may arise from their utilization.
VII. COMPLAINTS AND SUGGESTIONS
- If you wish to make a complaint or a suggestion regarding the
Company, the Website or the services offered, as a first step you should
contact our Customer Services or send us an email through [email protected] as second step, the complaint shall be assigned to an advisor that will
manage to provide you with the appropriate response. Save as provided
further under clause ‘3, should the complaint not be resolved as
expected by you, a response shall be provided to you through internal
message or email by the Customer Service Advisor who will report the
final decision to you.
- All claims and suggestions should be forwarded to the Customer
Service in written form via internal message, fax, mail or e-mail. No
complaints with regard to the acceptance, settlement or resettlement of a
bet will be heard by us if they are not raised through our Customer
Services within 30 days from the event occurrence which the bet related
- Offensive or rude language, as well as malicious or damaging
comments, will not be tolerated while contacting our staff or while
discussing our products and services in any media, social network or
forum. Any infringement of this policy will result in a suspension of
the Account or in every additional action as may be required in order to
- In no event will any delay, failure or omission (in whole or in
part) in enforcing, exercising or pursuing any right, power, privilege,
claim or remedy conferred by or arising under these Terms and Conditions
or by law, be deemed to be or construed as a waiver of that or any
other right, power, privilege, claim or remedy in respect of the
circumstances in question, or operate so as to bar the enforcement of
that, or any other right, power, privilege, claim or remedy, in any
other instance at any time or times subsequently.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by any court
or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or
unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the
other provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in
full force and effect.
- In such instances, the part declared invalid or unenforceable shall
be amended in a manner consistent with the applicable law to reflect, as
closely as possible, School-Me’s original intent.
- RESPONSIBLE PLAYING
- We believe in Responsible playing and take our responsibility in
this matter seriously. Lottery should be an exciting pastime, and we
urge our Customers to have fun, but not play beyond their means.
School-Me is committed to endorsing responsible wagering among its
Customers as well as promoting the awareness of problem gambling and
improving prevention, intervention, and treatment.
- We undertake any effort in order to ensure your pleasant online
gaming experience while playing in School-Me, keeping full awareness of
the financial harms associated with problem gambling. With regard to the
purposes pointed out herewith, we do strongly suggest our Customers to
try keeping clearly separate gambling from his/her daily activities; try
establishing affordable deposit limits; try considering the lasting
time of each gambling session before its commencing; not to understand
gambling as an alternative source of income or a way to recoup debit;
- At any time the Customer may request to our Customer Service
temporary or permanent self-exclusion from part or all of our services
as well as the closure of his/her account. We will use all our
reasonable endeavors to ensure compliance with self-exclusion; however,
you accept that we are not liable if you manage to by-pass our security
measures in circumstances, which are beyond our reasonable control.
- APPLICABLE LAW AND PLACE OF JURISDICTION
- Any lottery entry placed by the Customer shall be governed by the
applicable provisions of the [specific Nigerian constitution Act to be
filled in here] and any Regulations and Rules made in terms thereof, as
amended from time to time. It shall be the responsibility of the
Customer to ensure that he/she is aware of these provisions.
- The betting contract, as well as any other legal relationship
between the Customer and the Company, for every circumstance not
- If the Customer places of an entry from a location falling outside
Nigeria, such entry shall be subject to all appropriate exchange control
regulations and the laws of the foreign jurisdiction from which such
communication originates and it shall be the responsibility of the
Customer to ensure full compliance with same. School-Me makes no
warranties and shall not be liable to the Customer if it is not able to
remit any monies held by it to any account held by the Customer in a
XII. PALPABLE ERRORS
- Some circumstances may arise where an entry is confirmed, or a
payment is performed, by us in error. The following is a non-exhaustive
list of such circumstances:
- Whenever the prices/spreads/terms offered by School-me are significantly dissimilar from those available in the general market,
- Whenever an entry has been erroneously accepted on a market which should have been suspended or removed,
- Where an entry containing incompatible events is accidentally accepted, because of human or technical error,
- Whenever a settlement error is made while computing or crediting the amount of winnings,
- Any other situation that may be referred to as an error.
In all these cases School-Me reserves the right to cancel all the
entry accepted containing such an error, or to correct the mistake made
re-settling all the entries at the correct prices/spreads/terms that
should have been available at the time that the bet was placed in the
absence of the error.
- The Customer has an obligation to inform School-Me as soon as
possible of any amount wrongly credited on his/her account. School-Me
may at any time set off any positive balance resulting from the
erroneous operation, as well as cancel possible bets or transactions
made with the erroneously credited funds.
- Neither we (including our employees or agents) nor our partners or
suppliers are liable for any loss resulting from any error made. Entries
placed in order to cover flawed entries will stand valid if not
impaired by errors.
- In the event that, due to technical problems, the printed version of
a document differs from the web version, the latter shall prevail.
- In the event of any dispute the Customer agrees that the records of
our server shall act as the final authority in determining the outcome
of any claim.
School-Me shall have the right prior to accepting any entry,
temporarily to suspend or permanently to terminate, the provision of
betting services to a Customer without providing any reason.
These General Terms and Conditions are effective from 15/06/2018